Boot Camp: a short, intensive, and rigorous course of training.
So you bought a loom, be it a rigid heddle or a four-harness table loom. You’re excited to get started and are more than ready to dive into all of the hand spun and commercial yarn stash you just know you will use up in no time. And then you freeze as you just don’t know where to start.
I will help you get started with some basic live 1:1 time on Zoom, walking you through step by step to complete your first woven scarf.
I have an unconventional way of looking at things when it comes to the fiber arts and I will have you jump feet first into just doing it. I don’t get technical, I just get you weaving. That’s why it’s a begin weaving boot camp. It’s short, not-really that intensive as we have a normal conversation, talking live 1:1 on my Zoom account. Once I throw you out into the weaving pond and you start swimming, you can move on to more technical courses offered by more experienced teachers. The other online courses are usually recorded sessions that don’t give you that face to face experience to begin with, so if you start with me you have the ability to ask the questions at the moment you think of them.
This 1:1 personal online Zoom instruction is for folks who have not woven before and/or are afraid to start (again). What you are hiring me for it to hold your hand and pull you through those frozen moments where you are unsure. We’ve all been there and sometimes it just takes a nudge from someone…like me.
The begin weaving boot camp fee includes:
- up to 4 hours of zoom time with me working 1:1 with you on your loom. (time is stretched out over multiple days)
- Instruction includes:
- A simple scarf weaving worksheet
- The basics of calculating your warp
- Reviewing your loom and maintenance
- Using household items when you don’t have all those fancy gadgets available for weavers
- Availability for questions between zoom meetups when you get stuck
- Walking you through warping your loom
- Tying the warp on to the cloth beam
- Hemstitching your scarf
- Actually weaving your scarf (that’s what we all just want to do)
- Changing threads
- Hemstitching reviewed again
- Finishing your scarf
- Time is scheduled based on our availability to get together and is stretched over multiple days to allow time for you to work through the different lessons of your scarf project on your own.
- If you are interested in scheduling time, please contact me first. Once we determine our schedules will work together, you can add this class to the cart and check out as normal.